TRAINING / QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
CRESA (Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency)
Job code: #1202-03
Exempt (Y/N): Yes
Reports to: Dispatch Operations Division Manager
To apply: http://www.cresa911.org/employment
CRESA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JOB SUMMARY: The Training / Quality Assurance Manager oversees and manages Agency Training, Quality Assurance (QA) and Accreditation programs. Each program requires distinct skill-sets:
- Agency Training - Development and delivery of quality new hire training, continuing dispatch education, and Agency in-service training requires clear understanding of Agency services, strategic goals and the ability to effectively assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate training provided. Technical writing and organizing / supervising Agency trainers and CTO's (Communications Training Officers) are key elements for this role.
- Quality Assurance - Continuous improvement through work and performance review, adherence to compliance standards, and streamlining workflow and performance are essential focuses of this position, which oversees it through the work of program staff and dispatch supervisors.
- Accreditation - CRESA is professionally accredited through the NAED (National Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch) and CALEA (Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies). Accreditation requires great attention-to-detail, organization and documentation, along with garnering staff support to ensure adherence to and submission of required accreditation proofs.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and ability required to successfully perform the job will be considered. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities might be:
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in public safety dispatch training, lead-work, supervision or management; training development; quality assurance or adult education - OR -
- Bachelor's degree in education, public safety, communications or a similarly related field AND at least two years of progressively responsible experience in public safety dispatch training, lead-work, supervision or management; training development; quality assurance or adult education.
Knowledge of and expertise in CRESA's specific equipment and/or procedures is not a pre-requisite, though it is highly desirable and an incumbent must demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of dispatch operations to come up to speed quickly, understand staff responsibilities, and be an effective resource to staff persons who are technical and subject-matter experts.
- Extremely strong computer skills and aptitude to learn new programs, along with demonstrated expertise using technology to streamline, organize and deliver program services.
- Excellent communications skills, conflict-resolution and ability to build teams and trust.
- Must be willing and able to adjust work hours as necessary, and be available for call-out in event of emergencies. Must possess a valid driver license and have access to a motor vehicle (personal or agency) on an as needed basis.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Candidates must be able to perform the essential job functions as described in the attached JOB DESCRIPTION with or without reasonable accommodation.
SALARY RANGE: $5,051 - $7,191 per month. Note: It is CRESA's practice to begin new hires within the lower to middle part of the salary range. Starting salary to be determined by hiring manager based on knowledge, skills and abilities directly relevant to this position.
APPLICATION REVIEW: Recruitment will remain open until sufficient applications from qualified candidates are received. Next application review: Monday, March 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM.
Submit Application - Read application materials thoroughly. Applications must be complete and legible.
- Download application - www.cresa911.org/employment/
- Submit application by - DO NOT EMAIL APPLICATIONS - Applications must be submitted in hardcopy form: mail, fax or in person - 710 W 13th St, Vancouver, WA 98660-2810; Fax - (360) 694-1954
This e-mail and related attachments and any response may be subject to public disclosure under state law.
Ad expires: May 15, 2012